Operation Rat Catcher was the pogrom of second-class citizens realized by Mesan internal security agencies like the Office of Public Safety (OPS) and the Mesan Internal Security Directorate (MISD), and later the Mesan Planetary Peaceforce.
Launched in response to the supposed Audubon Ballroom attacks on Mesa, Rat Catcher was intended to be a reprisal against the seccy population of the planet, but was disguised as a security operation to apprehend the terrorists behind the attacks.
Arsenals of the Gangs Edit
Sukharov Territory Organization Edit
As of October 1922 PD the Maysayuki Franconi's gang had assembled an arsenal in case it was needed, including:
- mostly small arms, like:
- flechette guns,
- civilian-grade pulse rifle.
- as well as small cache of military-grade weapons like:
- 2 plasma rifles,
- heavy pulse rifles,
- military grade light tribarrels,
- grenade launchers,
- a handful of antitank weapons and man portable SAMs.
Dusek Organization Edit
As of September 1922 PD Dusek's Outfit had assembled an arsenal in case it was needed, including:
- 3000 pistols and rifles,
- many civilian grade pulsers,
- 40-50 flechette guns,
- 150-175 military grade pulse rifles with limited amount of ammo,
- 11 tri-barrels, including 2 heavy units with anti-armor capability,
- 6 plasma rifles,
- 24 grenade launchers,
- 24 Banshee light SAMs,
- 2 crates of Lancer anti-armor rockets,
- Auger light anti-armor weapons,
- almost a dozen Black Widow Mark 3 Mod 2 EEP Antitank Mines (Heavy).
The operation was a disaster with heavy OPS and MISD casualties and a KEW strike on Mendel's Hancock Tower in the first day. The disastrous initial outcome required the MPP to assume control and begun to siege the neighboring Neue Rostock Tower. During the siege, the defenders of that tower were able to inflict significant losses on the MPP brigades, including the total destruction of one of those brigades.
Side Effects Edit
In addition, there was an increase risk of riots in other cities and towns such as Detweiler City and New Athens., leading Mesan authorities to worry that unrest and seccy resistance could spur similar uprisings in those cities while the OPS, MISD, and MPP were tied down with Neue Rostock Tower. (CS3)