Operational premise Edit
The operation was authorized by Chairman Rob S. Pierre and planned by Secretary of State Security Oscar Saint-Just. Using Masadan agents, they planned to assassinate Queen Elizabeth III and Protector Benjamin IX. The Masadan agent Angus Stone was assigned the task of contacting Lord Samuel Mueller and using him to get close to the targets. (HH9)
Using Lord Mueller as their dupe, Stone and his comrades smuggled long-distance transmitters hidden in memory stones onto Queen Elizabeth's and Allen Summervale persons on which a missile's targeting system could home.
The attack was carried out while the two monarchs' royal yachts carried them. Honor Harrington intercepted the missile heading for GSNS Grayson One, but the other one destroyed HMS Queen Adrienne, killing Manticoran Prime Minister Allen Summervale and several other senior members of the Manticoran government as well as the counterparts in Benjamin IX's government. (HH9)
Known victims Edit
- Lord Allen Summervale, Duke of Cromarty, Prime Minister of Manticore
- Lord Henry Prestwick, Chancellor of Grayson
- Lord Edward Henke, Earl of Gold Peak, Foreign Minister of Manticore
- Lord Calvin Henke
- Lawrence Hodges, Grayson Councilor for Interstellar Affairs
- Francis Ney, Chief of the Duke of Cromarty's security detail
After the death of Allen Summervale, a new government was established under the leadership of Baron High Ridge, who agreed to a ceasefire offered by Oscar Saint-Just, ending the First Havenite-Manticoran War.