The Battle of Cerberus was fought in the Cerberus System on 24th October 1913 PD between the Elysian Space Navy and a Havenite ad hoc task group comprised of People's Navy and State Security Naval Forces vessels.
In 1911 PD, Commodore Honor Harrington was captured by the People's Navy and brought to the prison planet Hades to be executed. However, her crew managed to free her and make it to the surface, where they spent the next T-year taking control of the planet. In October 1913 PD, the Elysian Space Navy was hastily built up with captured StateSec vessels of Shilo Force and manned with freed prisoners.
Order of Battle Edit
Commanding Officer: Admiral Honor Harrington, the force was referred to as a squadron:
- ENS Farnese (BC) – flagship, CO Admiral Harrington, XO and de facto flag captain - Commander Warner Caslet
- ENS Wallenstein (BC) – Commodore Ramirez's flagship, CO Captain (SG) Alistair McKeon
- ENS Kutuzov (BC) – CO Captain Harriet Benson
- ENS MacArthur (BC) – CO Commander Solomon Marchant
- ENS Barbarosa (BC) – CO Lieutenant Commander Geraldine Metcalf
- ENS Krashnark (CA) – CO Lieutenant Commander Prescott Tremaine
- ENS Ares (CA) – CO Commander Victor Ainspan
- ENS Huan-Ti (CA) – CO Lieutenant Commander Anson Lethridge
- ENS Ishtar (CA) – CO Lieutenant Commander Sarah DuChene
- ENS Bacchante (CL) – CO Lieutenant Commander Roberta Ellis
- Commanding Officer - Major General (SS) Seth Chernock, State Security CO for the Danak Sector
- Second-in-command and de facto naval commander - Rear Admiral Paul Yearman:
- PNS Tammerlane (BC) – flagship
- PNS Modred, SSNF (BC) – CO Captain (SSNF) Isler, naval component second-in-command
- PNS Pappenheim (BC) – CO Captain Rutgers, naval component third-in-command
- PNS Boyar (BC)
- PNS Cassander, SSNF (BC)
- PNS Cheetah (BC)
- PNS Ivan IV, SSNF (BC)
- PNS Roxana (BC)
- PNS Subutai (BC) – CO Captain Jayne Preston
- PNS Yavuz (BC) – CO Captain Fuhrman
- PNS Yama (CA)
- PNS Excalibur (CA)
- PNS Broadsword (CA)
- PNS Durandel (CA)
- PNS Morrigan, SSNF (CA) – CO Captain (SSNF) Sorrenson
The People's Navy component of General Chernock's task group was probably Danak Sector/Danak System Defense under the command of Rear Admiral Yearman.
Course of Battle Edit
The joint StateSec and People's Navy task group arrived from the Danak Sector, using a standard approach vector to the Cerberus System. The ESN maneuvered its ships on an intercept course using thrusters only, which allowed it to stealthily catch the enemy and destroy all Havenite warships with "up the kilt" maneuvers. After the second salvo only five battered hulls remained. ENS Krashnark and ENS Barbarosa chased remaining transports. (HH8)
- ↑ Major General Chernock, became suspicious when Brigadier Tresca failed to send his move in their long-distance chess game.
- ↑ The ship was significantly damaged in its original capture.
- ↑ Probably subjugated directly to Admiral Harrington
- ↑ Chief of Staff - Colonel (SS) Brigham Therret, ground component, CO General Major (SS) Claude Gisborne
- ↑ Appointed as such despite shorter seniority than the Navy officers.
|Operations of the |
First Havenite-Manticoran War
|Battles of the |
First Havenite-Manticoran War